Mike Corthell

Mike Corthell
Editor & Publisher at Fryeburg Free Press MEDIA

Friday, August 24, 2012

Obama is an Antichrist (by definition)


Is it critical that the president be a Christian? As a Christian myself, I will be honest with you and say I would prefer it. But I am also aware of the fact that we have had non-Christian presidents in the past – probably some great ones.
Last week I wrote about Dinesh D’Souza’s remarkable story about helping Barack Obama’s alleged half-brother, George.


But there’s something else about the story that reaffirms a point I have made previously – a point few others are willing to make publicly.
I’m not just referring to his utter lack of compassion for someone he claims is his brother. I’m talking more specifically about the very words Obama has used years ago in a campaign appearance to explain his “conversion.”Barack Obama is simply not a Christian, as he claims.
First a little background.
George Obama called D’Souza for financial help when his son needed emergency surgery. He had met the author and scholar while D’Souza was filming his movie “2016.” After assuring George Obama he would send him the $1,000 he desperately needed, D’Souza asked, “Why are you coming to me?” His response, “I have no one else to ask.” D’Souza writes: “Then he said something that astounded me, ‘Dinesh, you are like a brother to me.’”
D’Souza, of course, found this statement astonishing – especially since Barack Obama claims George as his brother. D’Souza points out in his column that one of Obama’s favorite campaign phrases is, “We are our brother’s keeper.”
Yet, the context of Obama’s use of this phrase is never mentioned.
Here’s the way Obama used it most famously, explaining his claimed conversion to Christianity: “I’m a Christian by choice. My family didn’t – frankly, they weren’t folks who went to church every week. And my mother was one of the most spiritual people I knew, but she didn’t raise me in the church. So I came to my Christian faith later in life, and it was because the precepts of Jesus Christ spoke to me in terms of the kind of life that I would want to lead – being my brothers’ and sisters’ keeper, treating others as they would treat me.”
So what’s my problem with that statement?
For starters, Jesus never used the phrase about being my brother’s keeper. Even a third-grade Sunday school child would recognize it from the Bible. But the words never came out of Jesus’ mouth. The only person who ever said anything like that in the Bible, of course, was Cain, after murdering his brother, Abel.
Genesis 4:9: “And the LORD said unto Cain, Where is Abel thy brother? And he said, I know not: Am I my brother’s keeper?”
Obama is not his brother’s keeper any more than Cain was – as he has proved by his lack of compassion for those he claims as family members.
Is this one of the key biblical phrases that inspired Barack Obama’s alleged conversion to Christianity?
Is this the Bible education he got sitting at the feet of the Rev. Jeremiah Wright for 20 years – a man who also preached that his infamous phrase, “G-d d— America,” is in the Bible?
More to the point, after four years of watching Obama’s governance, is there a Bible-believing Christian in America who accepts his sincerity about his beliefs?
To that last rhetorical question, I can only say, I sincerely hope not.
Why is this important?
Is it critical that the president be a Christian? As a Christian myself, I will be honest with you and say I would prefer it. But I am also aware of the fact that we have had non-Christian presidents in the past – probably some great ones.
But Obama is not one of them – not by a long shot. He will say anything and do anything to attain his radical, transformative objectives.
He is the proverbial wolf in sheep’s clothing. And his phony, insincere pretenses to Christianity are an insult to the faith of millions and to the Lord and Savior we serve.
Bottom line? If one see's himself as God, there is simply no room for God.