Mike Corthell

Mike Corthell
Editor & Publisher at Fryeburg Free Press MEDIA

Friday, November 16, 2012

Bio/RESUME: Mike Corthell (Michael S. Corthell)



My business bio/resume... 

I use two pen names. Michael Mills, because the last name is generic and easy to remember. I also use Miguel Diocuore (a transliteration of my legal name Michael Corthell) as a pen name. I've written a short story using that name called ‘The Event’. I also use it when I write some poetry and song lyrics. I have also written a fictional account of my time at Lakeview Neurorehab, Effingham, NH, called, Caring for God by Mike Corthell

I have been coming to the Mt. Washington Valley since 1966. First to ski and then to camp and hike. I love it here and in 2005 I moved here with my family to Ossipee. In late 2010 my marriage ended. After the divorce my children and I moved to Fryeburg, Maine. I chose Fryeburg because it is central to the greater Conway - Fryeburg business scene and I like the feel of  a small New England town.

I see opportunity here – lots of it. Fryeburg is Western Maine’s gateway. Even if the economy doesn't improve, as fast as we’d like, there is still a great opportunity to help improve the town for all its citizens. I fully intend to leave the Town of Fryeburg a better place than I found it. I will work toward that end and when called upon to help I will do so to the best of my ability.

Currently I am a shift supervisor at Lakeview Neurorehabilitation Center and Specialty Hospital located in Effingham, NH. I work the 3:00 pm to 11:30 pm shift, Monday through Friday. I started working there in December 2010. Previous to that I owned and operated a sole proprietorship called The Villico Company, a home inspection business. I worked out of my home office. Before that I managed a group home for developmentally disabled adults for Options in Community Living, Hampton, NH. Prior to this I built residential homes and additions in the New Hampshire seacoast area for several years.

A few years after this time, in 1996, I started blogging as an avocation. This is where my experience in social media enters the picture. I also have a long running political discussion forum called Corthell and Company that has been very successful. It has over 1.6 million posts with 13,000 members.

I write poetry, lyrics and news pieces and other articles of interest. The Michael Mills Agency is an outgrowth of my experience in publishing and promoting my businesses.

I joined the FBA and the MWVCC on the advice and suggestion of Janice Crawford and Donna Woodward. I am here to serve the Town of Fryeburg and its citizens. I want The Michael Mills Agency to be successful but I am not here to line my pockets – my needs are; to support my sons, pay my bills, do charitable/service work and go into semi-retirement at 70 years or so. (I am 59 now). Benjamin Franklin and Abraham Lincoln are my political/moral heroes. If you know these men you know me. I am a Christian.



No comments: