Mike Corthell

Mike Corthell
Editor & Publisher at Fryeburg Free Press MEDIA

Monday, December 10, 2012

Mike Corthell: My Favorite Things



My Favorite things:

To do: Love


Quote: ''Whatever you are, be a good one.'' - Abraham Lincolin


Song that Sums Up: The Gambler


Favorite Quote by me


Color: Blue


Smell: Bread Baking


Song: Somewhere


Sound: Waves on the Beach

Car: 2013 VW Beetle

Perfume: Love's Fresh Lemons

Movie: Sound of Music


Book: The Stand

Vocation: Builder

Avocation: Care Giver


Vocational Goal: Revitalization of Fryeburg Maine

Avocational Goal: Help create the world's leading non-profit rehabilitation hospital
for people with brain injuries.


Person: Abraham Lincoln


Place: In a cabin by a lake


Inventor: Leonardo da Vinci


Symbol: The Equilateral Triangle (or pyramid)

Founding Father: Benjamin Franklin


Food: I like it all but I choose: Meat Loaf with mashed potatoes and green beans.


Beverage: Ginger Ale


Actor: Jack Nicholson


Actress: Drew Barrymore


Singer: Rick Springfield


Politician: John F. Kennedy

Vacation: Camping at Hermit Island Maine

That is quite enough I think but if you want to know my mind, how my mind rolls you have to look no further than the founding father's of America. People like Benjamin Franklin, Thomas Jefferson, my great, great grandfather Israel Putnam - Abraham Lincoln, Billy Graham, Vernon McGee and so many more. By reading their words I know their minds. My father, John, taught me what not to do. But most of all - my mind, my goodness and love of humanity comes from Betty Jean my mother. She taught me that 'actions speak louder than words'. No truer words were ever spoken. 

 I will end my favorite things with my mother's favorite song when I was growing up:

 Que Sera Sera




No comments: